Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available

Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry, missed this.

ERC search facility is still only showing up 2023(1)

1 meeting for 2023 so far(Cabinet 26 January)

Anyway, you can view recording of meeting on Council youtube channel here -

www.youtube.com/user/eastrenfrewshire/videos

You can read agenda/papers/reports on Council webpage here -

www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/audit-and-scrutiny-committee-190123

Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
------ Original Message ------
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Friday, 20 Jan, 2023 At 12:55
Subject: No Sound - Recording of Audit & Scrutiny Meeting Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 2.00pm.

Hi

I am trying to view below meeting on Council youtube channel.

However, there is no sound?

Please can you advise if there is a problem and what I can do to fix.

'A meeting of the Audit and Scrutiny Committee will be held in the Council Chamber, Council Headquarters, Eastwood Park, Giffnock, on Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 2.00pm.
A recording of the meeting will also be available following the meeting on the Council’s YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/eastrenfrewshire/videos'

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
++++
The latest problem with Council Meeting Recordings !
++++

From: "Hutchison, Linda" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: "Daly, Eamonn" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Monday, 23 Jan, 2023 At 11:03
Subject: RE: ERC Email Problems? - Re: No Sound - Recording of Audit & Scrutiny Meeting Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 2.00pm.

Further to your emails, there has been an issue with the volume of the sound on the recording of the Audit and Scrutiny Committee meeting last week.

I understand it is only audible very faintly, even with the volume at its highest.

This is under discussion with suppliers of the technology used to try to ensure the problem does not happen again, but it appears that it may not be possible to improve the quality of this past recording.

I am sorry that has impacted on your viewing of what happened at the meeting.

I can confirm there is no problem with the Council e-mail system.

Regards
Linda

Linda Hutchison
Senior Committee Services Officer
Department of Corporate and Community Services

Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
23/01/2023

Posted on Cllr David MacDonald facebook page

www.facebook.com/MacdonaldTheIndependent

Cllr David Macdonald - An Independent voice for people.
2 d ·
On Thursday, I attended the most recent meeting of East Renfrewshire Council's Audit and Scrutiny committee.

The committee discussed the updates to the risk register for the council.

This is an assessment that the council makes on the varying degrees of financial, reputational and organizational risk etc that the council is willing to take in order to achieve it's objectives.

The register evaluates risk on a 1-10 scale, 1 being not willing to take any risk and 10 being willing to engage in significant risk.

They evaluated reputational risk at 1 which I felt was not realistic given both past decisions and also the financial forecast for the future given the huge financial black hole that we are facing for the next three years and the inevitable harsh council cuts that are on the horizon.

I made specific reference to the council decision to make very harsh cuts to Isobel Mair school in this current financial year.

These cuts are affecting children and young people with some of the most complex learning and developmental needs.

Certainly, the decision to make these cuts has caused East Renfrewshire Council significant reputational damage.

So much so, in fact, that some of the families affected by them are considering leaving the area entirely for another council area that offers far better support for their children.

On every opportunity I have spoken up about how these particular cuts need to be completely reversed.

The reality of the situation was that, at the time of formulating the budget, a pounds and pence figure was put to then council administration by the education department of savings they would seek to make but Isobel Mair school was not mentioned specifically for over £60,000 of cuts.

It was only after the budget approval that these specified cuts were made clear.

That, in of itself, is completely unacceptable. Councillors were not in full receipt of the facts concerning the specific areas of education that would be cut.

For that reason alone the cuts to Isobel Mair should be reversed.

In my view cuts to kids who have the most challenging pathway in life is just a no go area.

We must become a council that supports these young people fully to give them and their families the valued support they need to live the best life they possibly can.

Getting it right for every child means EVERY child, not just the children undertaking mainstream education without additional support needs.

#isobelmairschool

Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Example of money squandered by Education Department ?

Back in 2018

Where are the headsets now?

In the bin?

This £250,000 was squandered?

What could be done with £250,000 for #isobelmairschool ?

'19 March 2018
East Renfrewshire first council to give every school virtual reality headsets
East Renfrewshire Council has become the first local authority in the UK to invest in a set of virtual reality headsets for every school in the area.

The council has invested £250,000 to roll out 900 ClassVR headsets, a virtual reality set designed specifically for schools, across all of its schools..'

Re: Audit & Scrutiny Committee - Recording of 19 January 2023 meeting now available 1 year, 3 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Monday, 23 Jan, 2023 At 11:16
Subject: Re: No Sound - Recording of Audit & Scrutiny Meeting Thursday, 19 January 2023 at 2.00pm.

Dear Audit & Scrutiny Committee

Please see email below.

This is not good enough.

There have been many previous problems with Council Meeting recordings this is just the latest.

Would appreciate if you can guarantee the quality (including sound/volume) of these recordings in the future.

I look forward to your response.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds