Username Password: Remember me

How to have your say in important elections
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to have your say in important elections

How to have your say in important elections 9 years, 11 months ago #1

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
The European Elections are just two weeks away - and local residents are being reminded how to cast their vote.

Europe goes to the polls on May 22, and voters are reminded to use just one X when voting.

The call comes from East Renfrewshire Council chief executive and returning officer Lorraine McMillan in a bid to encourage as many people as possible to cast a valid vote and have their say.

Lorraine McMillan said: "Different elections have different voting methods. The European Parliamentary elections on May 22 call for voters to place a single X on their ballot paper."

Peter Wardle, chief executive of the Electoral Commission in Scotland said: "Six members of the European Parliament (MEPs) will represent Scotland after these elections. This is your chance to say who those MEPs should be. The ballot paper will list the political parties and individual candidates standing for election in Scotland. All you need to do is put one X next to the party or individual candidate that you wish to vote for."

The European Parliament represents people living in the 27 member countries of the European Union.

Decisions made by the parliament affect everyone living in East Renfrewshire. It makes new laws on many policy areas including environmental protection, consumer rights, animal rights, international trade, regional economic development, workers' rights and transport.

Whoever is elected will shape European legislation over the next five years. It is a linchpin of the European decision-making system, giving voters a major influence over EU laws.

Re: How to have your say in important elections 9 years, 11 months ago #2

• Gloria
I have a postal vote and I have voted for UKIP, as a signal to the others that at a local level everyone of them are useless, don't know if it will work but it is just my demonstration that tory, labour and SNP are useless locally.

Re: How to have your say in important elections 9 years, 11 months ago #3

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Looked at the rest of the UKIP policies? Tax cuts for the well off, massive increase in defence spending. As well as the links to far-right organisations.

I'll be wasting my vote on the only pro-Europe party, who aren't pandering to UKIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds