Username Password: Remember me

Driveway Dispute
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Driveway Dispute

Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #1

• davebro1
Hi,
I've been having a long running dispute around parking next to my driveway. Does the council offer the facility to have a white line marking if the kerb is dropped at my driveway?

Thanks,

Dave.

Re: Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #2

• Tom
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Yes they do I had a similar problem a few years ago and ERC painted a white line at my dropped kerb for me.

Re: Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #3

• BJ67
Myself and my neighbours asked erc about this last year as we get people parking over our driveways when they go to local shops etc.

they said that they could not do it as the road already had traffic restrictions on it i.e. Urban clearway. Although This is presently ignored by the parkers.

so they will be willing to do it for you but depends on your road .

Re: Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #4

• davebro1
Thanks guys,
Mines isn't uder any restrictions that I'm aware of. Was there a charge for the white line?

Cheers,

Dave.

Re: Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #5

• Tom
As long as there are no current parking restrictions like a single yellow line etc then you can request a white line.
Mercury002.jpg

I requested this via the ERC Customer services line and was approved by the Roads Department, sent out to an outside contractor and completed within six weeks at no cost to me.

Re: Driveway Dispute 9 years, 12 months ago #6

• Tom
If there are other problems then you could contact one of your Elected Members and ask them to support further measures.
Mercury003.jpg

I had people parking on the footpath near to a crossroads junction, one of my Elected Members was in a position to support my contention that bollards would assist, and these were then erected.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds