Username Password: Remember me

Ordeal of Clarkston pensioner
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ordeal of Clarkston pensioner

Ordeal of Clarkston pensioner 10 years, 8 months ago #1

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
A seventy year old female was apparently subjected to a frightening ordeal in her own home on a Sunday afternoon.

On Sunday 3rd August 2013 the lady was waiting on family arriving when a male who was brandishing a hammer smashed in the back door of her home in Moray Gardens, Stamperland and entered her home.

He forced her into the kitchen and then proceeded to barricade the rear door and then tie the inside of the front door to the internal door, in an apparent attempt to stop the door being opened from outside.

He then forced the terrified female upstairs and then removed curtains from the window and then climbed out of the window and ran off.

He then went into a nearby street and entered another house via an insecure door and confronted another terrified lady on her own, and barricaded the rear door by moving the fridge in front of it.

By this time the police had been alerted to the male climbing out of the window and when they arrived they found the distraught female.

The male was arrested and is was suspected that he was under the influence of drugs and was a resident of the nearby homeless Unit at Overlee House, and he claimed that he had been trying to hide from a drug dealer.

Re: Ordeal of Clarkston pensioner 10 years, 8 months ago #2

• Alan Henderson
When i was on the local community council we had meetings with the ERC housing dept. regarding the number of people with criminal records being placed in Overlee house as the number of housebreakings ect. were being attributed to residents of that establishment. In consequence the housing dept agreed that the police (and only the police) would be advised of of any potential offenders being housed there to allow them to monitor the situation.

I would also ask why we have not read of this in our local paper or is it not newsworthy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds