ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Planning Applications Committee(Council Chambers) - Monday 30 January 2023 at 2.00pm - Hazelden Riding School Demolition and Erection of 5 dwellings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Planning Applications Committee(Council Chambers) - Monday 30 January 2023 at 2.00pm - Hazelden Riding School Demolition and Erection of 5 dwellings

Re: Planning Applications Committee(Council Chambers) - Monday 30 January 2023 at 2.00pm - Hazelden Riding School Demolition and Erection of 5 dwellings 1 year, 3 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 01 February 2023 09:21
To: Burke, John < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Graham, Jennifer < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: Planning Application Committee meeting Monday 30 January 2023 at 2.00pm

Hi

Viewed the Recording.

All my volume controls are turned up full but

Again, I wish to complain that the sound quality is very poor.

Very quiet. Having difficulty hearing what is being said(cannot switch on subtitles)

I have no problem with any other video/recordings. Only with ERC.

What was all the card cutting about?

I understand

The last meeting was adjourned as the committee were tied on 2 for and 2 against. That would have provided Cllr Edlin as the acting chair the casting vote and he was for the application, as was Cllr Morrison. Provost Montague was against as was Cllr Ireland.

However Cllr Morrison suggested that they defer the vote until the real chair or vice was in attendence.

Was this correct procedure? What are the rules?

Why was none of this explained to residents in Meeting Notice published on Council webpage?

Thanks

------ Original Message ------
From: "Burke, John" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 2 Feb, 2023 At 09:28
Subject: Re: Planning Application Committee meeting Monday 30 January 2023 at 2.00pm

As you were previously advised, a new microphone system has recently been installed in the Council Chamber and we are aware that there have been difficulties with the volume levels. Engineers have now visited the Council Chamber and the matter has been rectified.

The cutting of the cards took place as there was a tied vote for the position of Chair between Councillor Edlin and Provost Montague. This is in accordance with the Council's Standing Orders.

In terms of the vote which took place at the meeting of 7 December 2022, the correct procedures were followed.

Councillor Edlin, as Chair, had expressed that he did not wish to use his casting vote. Instead, it was agreed that the item be continued to allow further consideration to take place. As I explained in my previous e-mail, the Chair and Depute Chair could not participate in the subsequent meeting as only those members involved in the item's full consideration are permitted to vote.

It is not appropriate to use the meeting agenda to provide explanations of the application of Standing Orders. The agenda is simply a list of the items to be considered at the meeting. However, your comments in that regard are noted.

Kind regards

John Burke
Committee Services Officer
Department of Business Operations and Partnerships
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds