ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #25

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
RE: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution
Kisoran Public-i
22/07/2020 14:45

Hi Vanessa,

As you have both services with us I’d be happy to extend the Bronze timings to match the Webcast SLA.

Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

From: Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 23 July 2020 15:55
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Campbell, Eleanor < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Webcasting Contract
Importance: High

Hi Eamonn,

As part of the spend controls now in place, every contract spend is individually scrutinised further before sign-off.

This also takes in to account new controls in place to ensure ICT aren’t absorbing business costs for business contracts.

For the webcasting contract, which I know is under time pressure, there is a small amount I’m going to need Democratic Services to fund in this financial year.

The current annual contract cost is £10,592.00 while the new annual contract cost is £11,948.99.

The owning service needs to fund any additional in year revenue costs and ICT will bid for the ongoing revenue for the next financial year, through to the end of the contract term.

Therefore the increase of £1356.99 annually will need funded through to end of March 2021 by Democratic Services. From April 2021 ICT will fund the increase through a revenue bid.

Pro-rated for the 8 months remaining in the year that would be £904.66 revenue that we would look for Democratic Services to transfer to ICT for this financial year.

Can you please confirm by return that you are in acceptance of this and I’ll provide the necessary approval to award.

If you wish to discuss further let me know.

Regards
Murray
Murray Husband
Head of Digital and Community Safety
Corporate and Community Services

FW: Webcasting Contract
Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:01

Sharon

See email below from Murray.

Looks like we have no option but to agree to pick up the additional cost this year but I’ve attached the email I received from him in February telling us to allow for 12K for the annual cost – so on one hand he is telling us 12K but when the contract comes in just under 12K we need to pick up the extra?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

FW: Webcasting Contract
Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:05

Hi Vanessa

I’ve just received the email below from Murray.

You will see that he has said

Can you please confirm by return that you are in acceptance of this and I’ll provide the necessary approval to award.

Are we not already past that stage?

I don’t think we have any option but to pay the balance but this has come as a surprise, particularly as it was Murray who suggested I use 12K as the projected annual cost back in February and now that the contract has come in under 12K we need to pick up the slack

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

RE: Webcasting Contract
Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:24

Hi Eamonn,

I see what you mean.

I guess with our current underspend there isn’t an issue with the cost being funded from our pot this year.  Can you let Helen know so that she factors this into our P5 report.

Thanks,

Sharon

From: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 23 July 2020 16:36
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Webcasting Contract

Hi Eamonn,

I can’t comment on the budget and who pays for what that is something that would be down to finance/departments to verify and you would need to agree with Murray if you feel that his email is something you can accept then you should respond to him directly.

If this is agreed and both you and Clare are happy with the content noted in the direct bid from Public-I I will arrange for the official award letter to be sent.

Vanessa Fordyce
Procurement Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section

23/07/2020 16:38

Thanks Vanessa

I wasn’t asking about the funding – I accept that will be between us and IT.

It was more about the approval process and you have clarified things – the award letter has still to go out.

I am happy with the comments that Kisoran came back with re service desk times – heard from Clare yet?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

From: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 23 July 2020 16:39
Subject: RE: Webcasting Contract

No not heard from Clare as yet on this.

Vanessa Fordyce

23/07/2020 16:39

No comment

Eamonn Daly

Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:41

I am about to send her an email asking for comment by noon tomorrow so will hopefully have something.

I am on holiday for the next two weeks but will update Debbie if I don’t hear from her and make sure someone else picks this up if not I can log on at some point to issue the award.

Vanessa Fordyce

23/07/2020 16:42

Hi Murray

Thanks for this lovely surprise.

I confirm that we agree to pick up the shortfall for this year’s contract cost.

Helen – can you take a note and make an amendment to the relevant budget line - Thanks

Eamonn

Eamonn Daly

McGrath, Helen < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:54

Thanks Eamonn

I’ll update the figures with this cost for P4.

Kind regards

Helen

Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
23/07/2020 16:50

Thanks Eamonn. I’ll let Clare know to proceed to the next stage.

Murray

Sent: 24 July 2020 10:48
To: Hill, Debbie (Steele) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Webcasting Solution

Hi Debbie,

As discussed please see attached award letter containing the details for CMT to confirm their approval to award.

I have left the start and end date highlighted as this will need to be included once approval has been given and the award letter can be issued, we would want the contract to commence straight away as the current contract has expired and due to delays with IT we were unable to get this finalised before the current contract ended.

All detail relating to this can be found here

The letter should be sent to the following contact at public-I

The departmental contact for this are Eamonn Daly and Clare Dillon

Hopefully this is all you need to proceed to go to CMT, if you do need anything though just let me know.

I have also attached the email from Murray to Eamonn re the budget just wanted to highlight this.

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #26

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
RE: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution
Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
24/07/2020 08:18

Myself and Cathie reviewed, happy to proceed.

There was an additional step - as per the new process on essential spend. MH/BD/EC now have to review and approve all and any contract commitment.

Approval below:

From: Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 23 July 2020 16:52
To: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Campbell, Eleanor < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Devine, Brian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: ICT SMT Essential Spend Approval DB Approval - Public-I (Council Chambers Webcasting)

Clare,

Eamonn has confirmed the transfer of budget, attached, I can confirm you can proceed with the procurement.

Regards

Murray

Thanks
Clare

FW: Webcasting Solution
Hill, Debbie (Steele) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
30/07/2020 17:28

Hi Eamonn

I hope you are well.

As you know Vanessa is on leave this week and to avoid a delay with getting your award letter out I have attached above finalised letter for issue.  (Already prepared by Vanessa before she left.  I have just added final details on dates).

Can you confirm you are happy with this and I will send to Public I immediately.

Regards
Debbie Hill
Chief Procurement Officer

RE: Webcasting Solution
31/07/2020 09:03

Morning Debbie

Doing ok thanks – hope you are too.

I’m happy with the letter -  be glad to put this to  bed for a couple of years

Vanessa was a big help.

Thanks again
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

From: Hill, Debbie (Steele) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 07 August 2020 11:51
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013

Lets discuss.

I don’t think from our perspective a break in service is a big deal due to covid pressures.  Maybe you know better why they want this?

Regards
Debbie Hill
Chief Procurement Officer

W: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013
Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
10/08/2020 15:52

Hi Eamonn,

From a legal and audit perspective we can’t back date the award letter, Procurement see this as a new contract that commenced on the date stated in the award letter and therefore does not relate to any previous provisions if that makes sense.

I spoke with Debbie too who confirmed this, is there a reason public I are asking for this or is there anything they require further from us.  

Vanessa Fordyce

RE: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013
10/08/2020 16:09

Hi Vanessa

Please see the attached email of 3 July from Kisoran that Linda forwarded to you.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 17 August 2020 10:07
To: Public-i
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Award Letter

Hi Kisoran,

Hope you are well, I have amended our award letter now to reflect the earlier date and the continuation of service with public I.

I hope this now resolves any issues you may have had, can you please confirm receipt and acceptance?

Kind Regards,
Vanessa Fordyce

RE: Award Letter
Kisoran Public-i
17/08/2020 10:22

Vanessa, that’s good news for a Monday morning. Thanks so much for the updated letter.

@Daly, Eamonn thanks for your efforts and for understanding also.

This now concludes the process from our end.

Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds