ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #19

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
17/08/2020 10:06

Hi Kisoran,

Hope you are well, I have amended our award letter now to reflect the earlier date and the continuation of service with public I.

I hope this now resolves any issues you may have had, can you please confirm receipt and acceptance?

Kind Regards,
Vanessa Fordyce
Procurement Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section

Our Ref:
DB 20 21 013
Tel: 0141 577 8655
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Date: 17 August 2020

Chief Executives Office
Debbie Hill
Chief Procurement Officer
Eastwood HQ
Eastwood Park
Rouken Glen Road
Giffnock
G46 6UG
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk

Public-I Group Ltd
5 th Floor Sheridan House
112-116 Western Road
Hove
BN3 1DD

Dear Sir / Madam,
SUBJECT: DB 20 21 013 – Lease Agreement Supply, Hosting, Installation &
Maintenance of Webcasting System

On behalf of and as authorised by East Renfrewshire Council I hereby accept your Direct Bid response dated 22 July 2020 for the above named contract which will be taken to form your offer at the tendered price of £23,297.98

(TWENTY THREE THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY SEVEN POUNDS AND NINETY EIGHT PENCE) exclusive of VAT and in conformity with the Instructions to Tenderers, General Conditions of Contract, Specification and Schedule relative to the said tender.

The contract will commence as of 30th June 2020 and will continue until 29th June 2022, with the option to extend for a further 2 x 12 months at the councils discretion.

Please contact Eamonn Daly to discuss any details via email at
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

A purchase order will be placed by the Client Department for all orders, to ensure that payment is not delayed please ensure that the purchase order number is quoted on all relating invoice(s).

Please acknowledge receipt of this letter via email marked for the attention of Vanessa Fordyce: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Yours faithfully,
Debbie Hill

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #20

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
15/07/2020 10:20
Hi Kisoran,

I have now attached a copy of the direct bid for the webcasting solution we require you to complete and return to myself in order to finalise the new contract.

Please can I ask you confirm receipt of this email, and if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact myself.

Kind Regards,
Vanessa Fordyce

Extract from -

DIRECT TENDER
Lease Agreement
Supply, Hosting, Installation & Maintenance of Webcasting System
ERC DIRECT BID REF: DB 20 21 013
DURATION: 24 months (plus 2 x 12 month possible extensions)
SUPPLIER NAME: Public I

SPECIFICATION

East Renfrewshire Council have been webcasting meetings for a number of years from within the Council Chamber to increase accessibility, accountability and transparency on decisions and matters that are of most interest to the public and stakeholders, and to promote an understanding on how decisions are reached.

The current situation, has added a level of complexity regarding physical and digital meetings where the long term requirements are not yet established.

The aim and purpose of this contract is to ensure there is sufficient continuity of service to allow for the recording of physical attendance in the Chambers but also ensure that any provision will allow for expansion to enable remote attendance from within a single platform (if required).

Based on current protocol there will be a minimum of 7 meetings per year, scheduled to take place from the Council Chamber.

These meetings comprise The Full Council and Planning Applications Committee (when a pre-determination hearing is taking place).

This contract opportunity requires that the above meetings and any other event or special meeting which is planned that requires broadcast, with sufficient agreed notice will be made available for an agreed period and archive copy of the webcast be available for post-meeting viewing.

To ensure that the above requirement is met with sufficient contingency the Council is seeking to contract up to 30 hours of webcasting per annum.

In the event the Council decides to increase the number of meetings to be webcast resulting in a requirement for more than 30 hours the Council must be able to purchase additional broadcast capacity.

The bidders proposed solution must support the following objectives and principles:

To support the Council’s objectives to encourage and strengthen community participation in effective and responsible governance;

ï‚· To enable stakeholders to follow debate and conduct of meetings, promoting greater understanding of local decision-making processes; and

ï‚· To provide the opportunity for those who are unable to physically attend meetings to view proceedings in real time.

ï‚· To address issues in relation to the limited space in the public gallery.

REQUIREMENTS

The bidders proposed solution must support the following Requirements, please confirm compliance:

Chambers Hardware

1.The system must consist of a series of cameras with pan/tilt/zoom capability to ensure all parts of the Council Chamber are captured.

2.The system cameras must be fully automated so that there is no requirement for a camera operator to direct cameras to speakers.

3.The camera’s must capture video at an acceptable quality.

4.The camera’s must be capable of being configured within the existing constraints within the Council Chamber and its layout variations

5.The system must not interfere with the operation of the existing induction loop system

6.The system must be able to be controlled during meetings by the Council’s operator both remotely by tablet device and from the main control unit as appropriate

Control Unit / System / Encoder
7.The system must be able to be configured and take audio input from the Council’s existing system of microphones (a wired/wireless hybrid system) and integrate for camera’s to automatically track speaker

8.The system must be able to record audio / video at an acceptable quality

9.The system must be supplied with support and maintenance

10.The system must run on Windows 10 or equivalent OS

11.The system mush have an adequate update and patching schedule, and appropriate security threat protection

Webcasting / Publication Requirements
12.The system must provide instant messaging for technical support during webcasts

13.The system must be capable of displaying speaker information and links to relevant meeting resources such as reports/presentations etc.

14.The system must include a facility for the simultaneous display of any slide/video presentations

15.The system must be capable of enabling archive viewing of the meeting for a minimum of
12 months, including all associated resources.

16.The system must be capable of simultaneous viewing by up to 2000 viewers with no
adverse impact on the broadcast quality

17.The system must be capable of providing statistical information on visitor numbers, including numbers of hits, live and archive views

18. The solution must not require local network connectivity to any council service.

SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA) - REQUIREMENTS

Public I Group Ltd is required to submit a Service Level Agreement which clearly defines the following as a minimum:

Clear definition of offered managed service / maintenance levels,
Clear definition of hardware provided and relevant replacement schedule(s),
Details on expected version customer responsibilities, process for upgrade and acceptance;
Details of inclusive consultancy, support, health checks etc.
Details on solution preventative maintenance approach and frequency of visits,
Service Desk contact points,
Escalation and complaints procedure
Details of SLA reactive response times including:
oCall out timescales
oTimescales for resolution of service failure
ï‚·
Proposed contract management / account management meetings
Back out processes in the event the technology is not fit for purpose

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #21

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: Hill, Debbie (Steele) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 31 July 2020 09:53
To: Public-i
Cc: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013

Good Morning

SUBJECT: DB 20 21 013 – Lease Agreement Supply, Hosting, Installation & Maintenance of Webcasting System

On behalf of and as authorised by East Renfrewshire Council I hereby accept your Direct Bid response dated 22 July 2020 for the above named contract. 

Please find attached an offer of award open for immediate acceptance.

Regards
Debbie Hill
East Renfrewshire Council
Eastwood Head Quarters
Eastwood Park, Giffnock
East Renfrewshire G46 6UG 

Sent: 07 August 2020 11:47
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013

Hi Eamonn,

I hope the time away from work worked its magic in recharging the batteries?

I’m hoping you’re able to help on the matter of the commencement date?

The date on the award letter is 31 July but you may remember our conversation about backdating the start to the renewal date of 30th June, to avoid a break in provisions.

Please could you take a look into this?

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

FW: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013
Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
07/08/2020 11:49

Hi Debbie

I’ve received the email below from public-i.

I had forgotten all about this.

Would it be possible to reissue an award letter backdated as they have said?

Thanks

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #22

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 07 August 2020 11:50

Hi Kisoran
I’ll speak to procurement and get back to you.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 13 August 2020 15:39
To: 'Daly, Eamonn' < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hello Eamonn,
Did your colleagues in Procurement get back to you at all?
Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 13 August 2020 16:41
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Eamonn,
Many thanks for the call just now.

The trouble with the dates is that the cost for continued service is different from the cost for a new service. This is purely down to setup costs on new services.

As we approached the end of the previous contract, we discussed possibilities for the renewal and I subsequently put in a waiver on this end to keep the service running to avoid the reconnection fee.

As conversations continued and the direct bid discussed Public-i  had quoted with a continuation of service in mind.

The cost of reconnection a month later attracts the full £1,875 fee.

So, we would seek this sum if we cannot come to an agreement on the earlier start date.

In addition, you lease the webcasting hardware from us (encoder and cameras), so we would also seek costs related to these for the month of July.

I don’t intend to calculate these costs, until or unless required, hoping that I won’t need to.

Over to you for now and I’ll await your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

FW: Award Notification - DB 20 21 013
Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
13/08/2020 17:06

Hi Vanessa

I had a chat with Kisoran and asked him to explain the reasons for the request for the contract to start from the end of the previous one.

Please see below.

Can you have a discussion with Debbie and let me know the outcome.

Thanks
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #23

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 15 July 2020 10:20
Cc: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Subject: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution

Hi Kisoran,
I have now attached a copy of the direct bid for the webcasting solution we require you to complete and return to myself in order to finalise the new contract.

Please can I ask you confirm receipt of this email, and if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact myself.

Kind Regards,
Vanessa Fordyce

From: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 20 July 2020 10:22
Subject: RE: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution

Hi Kisoran,

I wondered if you could provide myself with an update on where you are with completing the direct bid form that was sent to you last week.

I am on leave next week for two weeks and would be keen to get this returned this week and finalised.

If you have any questions please just let me know.

Vanessa Fordyce

Sent: 20 July 2020 12:50
To: 'Fordyce, Vanessa' < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the update on your availability. I should have the completed doc back to you today/tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 22 July 2020 01:42
To: 'Fordyce, Vanessa' < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Vanessa,

By way of an update please note that the document is now complete, minus one technical response relating to the malicious online attacks.

I’m hoping to have this response back from a colleague in the early part of the morning and will get to final doc to you then.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

Sent: 22 July 2020 14:04
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry that this took a bit longer than I had intended but I have now attached the completed document, together with the relevant attachments.

I’d be grateful if you would let me know that you have everything you need with these attachments.

Kind regards,
Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager

FW: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution
22/07/2020 14:08

Hi Both,

Can you please review the attached from Public I and confirm you are happy with their response.

Vanessa Fordyce
Tel 0141 577 8655 / 07741701469

FW: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution
23/07/2020 16:43Hi Clare,

Have you had a chance to review these documents as yet and confirm if IT are happy to proceed to award.

Once you confirm I can arrange for the award letter to be issued.

I finish up tomorrow and am on two weeks holiday if you could confirm by noon tomorrow that would be great if there is going to be an issue with that timeframe please let me know asap and when you are likely to respond.

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 8 months ago #24

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 14 July 2020 10:07
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: East Ren Webcasting
Importance: High

Hi

I have spoken to Eamonn  this morning, who said he has not been contacted by anyone regarding this contract.

He said you may contact him on the following number, which I assumed was the one you had for him and was the one you were using, but I may be incorrect –  
Eamonn asked me to seek confirmation from Kisoran regarding what the reconnection fee would be and pass that on. 

He has confirmed that the range for this is between £500 to £1875 (£1875 is the top reconnection fee).

Kind regards
Linda
Linda Hutchison
Senior Committee Services Officer

Sent: 14 July 2020 14:09
To: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hello all,
I’ve spoken to Kisoran, and they are not going to disconnect us.

I’ve explained the plan, and the process. I’ve told him where we are at, and he told me where he is at, and we had a fab long talk all things about tech.
What they really need to avoid mess is us to raise a PO by the 31st July, if we are contracting with them.

Critical Path to meet that:
I’ve checked integra and the supplier is listed, therefore - 2 days to raise a PO (raise by 29/07)

Procurement need to do their thing - 2 days (start by 27/07)

Direct bid review and signoff (Democratic / IT / Info Sec) - 3 days (start by 23/07)

Direct bid must be sent by 20/07 to allow supplier response 3 days

I’ll make sure the direct bid goes out by the end of tomorrow (15th) which leaves time for other things not to go to plan.

Thanks
Clare

From: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 14 July 2020 23:46
To: Hutchison, Linda < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hello all –

This is 95% ready to go – I just need a proof read in the morning and quick chat with Cathie before adding in the info sec – as I just need her to sense check set requirements or document (I’ve booked the chat in for 8:30am).

If anyone wants to make amends please can you track change and send back to me.

AND

Vanessa – I need you to confirm the amount that the exemption was agreed for to check that we are not going to breach it, I never saw the exemption – I think it was agreed between Eamonn and Gerry directly – but I need to know to allow me to include a capped figure (which we’ve done before) that will allow us wiggle room if we want to buy extra broadcast hours or look at Teams integration.

I’m in solid back to back meetings tomorrow, and manning the office – but will keep an eye out, then once the final piece of info comes through will send full doc back to Vanessa to issue

Thanks
Clare
Clare Dillon
IT Business Relationship Manager
Corporate & Community Services and HSCP

RE: East Ren Webcasting
Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
15/07/2020 09:49

Thanks Vanessa.

Final version attached for the supplier, all that is missing is the tender reference number.

If you need me to issue give me a shout.

Clare

From: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 15 July 2020 09:29
To: Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Clare,

The Exemption Debbie approved was for a total of £48,000 this was based on 3 years plus 1 so the figure you may now wish to award may differ however cannot go over the £48,000.

Vanessa Fordyce

RE: DB 20 21 013 - Webcasting Solution
22/07/2020 14:39

Hi Vanessa

I’ve looked over these and I am generally happy with them.

I don’t seem to be able to get into the Fair Work Practices document – can you send me a copy.

Only thing I would highlight is a discrepancy in service desk hours on the Webcast SLA and on the Bronze SLA

Webcast SLA says 8.30 to 6 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 to 5.30 Friday
Bronze SLA says 8.45 to 5.15 Monday to Thursday and 8.45 to 5 Friday.

Helpful to know which it is.

Thanks

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 22 July 2020 14:42

Hi Eamonn,

The Fair working practice document is the ERC internal one the response from Public I is what they have noted in the comment box below.

I will go back to him re the difference in service desk hours

Vanessa Fordyce

Sent: 22 July 2020 14:43
To: Kisoran Public-i
Cc: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Kisoran,

Wondered if you could clarify the department have noted a discrepancy in service desk hours on the Webcast SLA and on the Bronze SLA

Webcast SLA says 8.30 to 6 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 to 5.30 Friday
Bronze SLA says 8.45 to 5.15 Monday to Thursday and 8.45 to 5 Friday.

Could you please confirm which service desk hours apply to this contract?

Vanessa Fordyce
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds