Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #55

• Sax
  • Platinum Boarder
Any Cllr who thinks that this is about a change to a constitution needs to wake up smell the coffee, it has been clearly shown that CC's can alter THEIR constitutions if they want to.

This is about staff wanting to keep control, Cllrs you now have a chance to prove that you are working for us.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #56

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Actually thinking about it, they attempted to take over NMCC just before the mosque business....do they have more unpleasant plans on the agenda for the areas under attack?

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #57

• Billy
We all know that some of our Cllrs are really good people at heart, unfortunately the administration Cllrs are bullied into voting with the cabinet. Then we have the 'opposition' who I do not think can understand the nuances about this topic and will vote with the administration.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #58

• DJ
Newsline wrote:
BJ67 wrote:
How ironic is it that councillors Green Kane and Hay will all get vote on this when their wards cover nmcc but don't bother attend the monthly meetings. Given their lack of interest in nmcc should they not do the decent thing and abstain or support their wards community councillors. Or start to turn up once in a while.

WE would wish to highlight that Councillor Hay does not represent the Ward covered by NMCC therefore he has no requirement to attend.

Apologies, I never spotted Cllr. Hay's name in the original posting. He is not a NM Cllr. Maybe we could do a buy one get one free (BOGOF) and swap him for the other two? We could hardly see any less of him.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #59

• Helen
  • Platinum Boarder
Of all the matters that councillors will vote on this for me is the most important, nothing to do with the LDP, green belt, or mosques. This is about nothing other than straight out democracy, and if the vote goes against democracy I will forget voting for any party.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 10 years, 1 month ago #60

• DJ
lasercow wrote:
Actually thinking about it, they attempted to take over NMCC just before the mosque business....do they have more unpleasant plans on the agenda for the areas under attack?

Yes they do. Remember the LDP in effect only zones land for development. We have the public enquiry next and they don't want us there. Residents need their CCs far more now than ever before. Just not sure enough of them realise it yet.
Still nothing like a field of bulldozers at the bottom of residents gardens for them to wake up and smell the coffee. Pity it'll be too late by then.
Btw the M77 was a carpark till after 10.30am this morning. Creaking infrastructure under overload or what?
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds