Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers

Re: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers 10 years, 11 months ago #49

• Alan Henderson
As one who resides very close to stamperland shops and who sees cars being left from 7am onwards until 6pm of which at least 6-8 are shopowners/workers,i would advocate parking bays be defined and a 2hr max stay with a£30.00 fine for overstay. As you can see from a recent post the camera at the shops can be utilised for some use by noting the culprits and notifing the wardens, or is that to simple a solution for our bureaucrats

Re: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers 10 years, 11 months ago #50

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Jackson Carlaw MSP's motion failed as it did not have sufficient support, and that included no support from Ken McIntosh MSP.

Re: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers 10 years, 11 months ago #51

• Why?
Ernhw Ltd wrote:
Jackson Carlaw MSP's motion failed as it did not have sufficient support, and that included no support from Ken McIntosh MSP.

Not surprised. Ken talks the talk and thats where it ends. Lets tell the truth, Ken is a waste of space who only gets elected because of the Labour election machine which cranks into action by getting the voters delivered to the polling booth.
Kens only two skills are self publicity and single handed trying to repopulate East Ren. Produce an opportunity with cameras to record and hes in.
He made all sorts of promises after Jackson raised the issue of the incinerator then Ken saw the potential so held a meeting, march and rally promising to hold fortnightly events. That promise lasted only 14 days.
Jackson lacks Kens brass neck (unfortunately) but at least he does everything possible for his constituents.

Opposition continue to fight for beleaguered Clarkston & Barrhead shopkeepers 10 years, 10 months ago #52

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Miller has placed a motion for discussion / debate at the Council meeting of 26th June.

He told Newsline "I hope both my Ward 6 Cllrs, Lafferty and Carmichael will support my Motion. I have said repeatedly that this issue is not, and should not, be political, only practical and I sincerely hope all ERC Cllrs will support local businesses and residents and will not oppose this Motion

The Motion reads,

Whilst this Council's parking regulations review is on going, this Council will not enforce parking restrictions within the Clarkston Business Improvement District boundaries, Fenwick Rd Urban Clearway and Barrhead Main St until the review findings have been put before, and accepted, by the Council, out with the hours of 08.00 - 09.15 and 16.30 - 18.00.

Re: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers 10 years, 10 months ago #53

• lasercow
  • Administrator
What will it be then...a vote to support local businesses and residents, echoing wishes of local MSP and MP....or a vote along the usual petty local party political lines....

Re: Opposition score success for beleaguered Clarkston shopkeepers 10 years, 10 months ago #54

• Why?
Lasercoo we already know that KenMac speaks with a forked tongue. Why didn;t he support Carlaw's motion? He says the word but they don't match his deeds and this isnae the furst time. Am sick of the waster taking our money whilst giving nuthin. Bit like the admin cooncillors actually. What a bunch of wasters.
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds