ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ?

You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #1

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Subject Eastwood Leisure Centre and Eastwood Park Master Plan: Member/Officer Working Group 12th March 2020
From Fry, Lesley
To Attendees: Tony Buchanan (Cllr), Andy Cahill, Phil Daws, J Fletcher (Provost), Barbara Grant (Cllr), Ian Harper (SB), Anthony McReavy (Trust), C Merrick (Cllr), Paul O'Kane (Cllr), Mhairi Shaw, Graeme Smith, Christina Bruce
Apologies - Gordon Wallace (Cllr)
Sent 11 March 2020 15:30

Minutes

Background

Work on the Eastwood Park Masterplan options has been ongoing since June 2019

- It was previously decided that an alternative site location was not the preference for the new leisure facility, leading to the need for all options within Eastwood Park to be explored

- The exercise determined that a tandem build is possible – which is of key importance to ensure there is no loss of income for the CLT and no impact on St. Ninians High School

- The document that went to Council in December was only a presentation of the options that are available for the new Leisure Facility and Eastwood Park as a whole, it does not make any recommendations.

Moving Forward

- The Council can utilise a phased approach to the masterplan of Eastwood Park – beginning with an end vision of what the park will look like in the future

- The first works to take place in the park needs to be the Leisure Centre to ensure no loss of services

- The end vision for the park allows the Council the opportunity to ensure that Eastwood Park is fully utilise with connectivity between key facilities and services, giving residents, pupils and Council employees a high quality provision

- The final version of the masterplan for Eastwood Park needs to give consideration to sustainability & renewable energy.

Actions for next meeting

- Ian Harper / Anthony McCreavy to determine final specification for the Leisure Centre facilities

- Focus Groups to take place for what facilities are missing / people would like to see in the new Leisure Centre – focus groups to include; pupils, parents, users of the leisure centre and non-users

- Bring specification and results of the focus groups back to the Working Group to sign off final Leisure Centre Specification.

Re: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #2

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Above are the minutes of the Eastwood Park Master Plan: Member/Officer Working Group held on 12th March 2020 as supplied by Gerry Mahon.

A few things to notice

- They are not handwritten.

- They would appear to be 'concocted' to look as if they are an email message

- They were sent to the the Attendees on 11 March 2020 15:30.

A DAY BEFORE THE ACTUAL MEETING !!!!!

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Wednesday, 14 Oct, 2020 At 10:40
Subject: Request for Review - FOI Request 101002296727

I refer to the above and to your review request of 16th September.

I have now had the opportunity to conduct further searches into the information you requested and can confirm that, aside from the attached, no further information is held.

The attached reflects the minute of the initial meeting of the group in March 2020 which was requested by you in an earlier request but which has until recently, been unavailable due to office lockdown restrictions.......

Yours sincerely
Gerry Mahon

Re: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #3

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Cc: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Sent: Thursday, 15 Oct, 2020 At 10:18
Subject: Re: Request for Review - FOI Request 101002296727

Hi Gerry

Sorry, but would appreciate clarification.

Is this a response to FOI ReviewFOI Review - Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group - Ref: 221500

or

Request for Review - FOI Request 101002296727 ?

If the minute was still in note form and unavailable why was it compiled in the form of an 'email' message and sent to the recipients on 11 March 2020 at 15:30?

It would appear there has been a second meeting maybe held on Thursday 13 August 2020.

Why is this information agenda/minute not held?

It is not unreasonable to expect that this agenda/minute would be held?

It is not unreasonable to expect that further information would be held regarding these matters noted in the initial meeting minute -

'Actions for next meeting

Ian Harper / Anthony McCreavy to determine final specification for the Leisure Centre facilities
Focus Groups to take place for what facilities are missing / people would like to see in the new Leisure Centre – focus groups to include; pupils, parents, users of the leisure centre and non-users
Bring specification and results of the focus groups back to the Working Group to sign off final Leisure Centre Specification.'

Again I am confused what review you are referring to, but it is not unreasonable to expect that information referred to in my review request below of 16 September 2020 would be held.

Thanks

Re: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #4

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 30 Oct, 2020 At 11:47
Subject: RE: Request for Review - FOI Request 101002296727

It is formally the response to 221500 , although it also serves to provide further information under the Request reference 101002296727.

As regards the latter, you will recall that my initial searches had been hampered by office closure due to Covid restrictions.

At that time, discussion with relevant officers involved in the group suggested that notes for the initial meeting were physically held in the office.

Now that the office accommodation is accessible I have been able to access relevant paperwork held in physical form in that location and it is clear that the notes had been committed to a finalised minute form which I have sent you.

I have been unable to locate any handwritten notes.

I remain unclear at this time as to why the minute did not show up in earlier searches of electronic files given that it appears to have been the subject of an e-mail but will investigate this aspect to assess the need for future improvements in internal search procedures.

As regards the other matters raised in your e-mail below I have again asked for searches to be revisited by relevant officers but results indicate that no further information is held.

Your queries as to why information is not held falls outwith my remit in this matter and would be required to be directed to the relevant Director for the service concerned.

Yours sincerely

Gerry Mahon

Re: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #5

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Friday, 30 Oct, 2020 At 14:46
Subject: RE: Request for Review - FOI Request 101002296727

Hi Gerry

Obviously the file supplied to me is not an original email.

The minutes were compiled to look like an 'email' message. Why?

The document as supplied to me is not an actual email message. It is 'concocted' to look like an email message. Why?

The minute was sent to recipients on 11 March 2020 at 15:30 a day before the meeting actually took place? Why?

Surely the actual email from Lesley Fry to the Meeting Attendees with the actual minute attached is still available?

What is going on here?

Why am I being misled over the dates and availability of this minute?

Indeed, would appreciate if you can investigate and let me know.

Thanks

Re: You couldn't make it up - Or Could You ? 3 years, 5 months ago #6

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
A bit more background -

Sent: 02 July 2020 11:44
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Geddes, Craig < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Maxwell, Graeme < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Re: freedom of information review request

Hi Gerry

Sorry, I know you are busy but would appreciate if you can clarify a very important point.

You say in the review response -

'No minute of the meeting has yet been produced.'

You do not say 'No recorded information is held.'

Would appreciate if would please clarify what you mean by saying 'No minute of the meeting has yet been produced.'

Do you mean

- that recorded information is held as a result of the meeting?

- this recorded information is being withheld?

- that recorded information is held to be used to produce a minute of the meeting?

- this recorded information is being withheld?

- if 'No minute of the meeting has yet been produced.' you are saying it is intended to produce a minute of the meeting?

The meeting was held on 12 March 2020. It is now 2 July 2020. Over 3 1/2 months later.

Your help with this clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent: Thursday, 2 Jul, 2020 At 12:12
Subject: RE: freedom of information review request

I understand that brief handwritten notes were taken with a view to formulating a minute which would then be issued in draft for agreement before being finalised.

Due to the lockdown the notes have not been accessible and the process has not yet been taken forward.

I made specific reference to a minute in my response as you had specifically referenced that in your request.

No minute is accordingly held and whatever information was recorded has not yet been accessed by me due to the closure of the Speirsbridge office.

Gerry Mahon
Chief Officer – Legal and Procurement

Sent: 08 July 2020 14:58
To: Mahon, Gerry < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Gerry

Thanks for this.

Would appreciate some further clarification.

When do you expect the Speirsbridge office to be open in order for you to access the recorded information(notes)?

Will the recorded information(notes) be published under this FOI review?

If not, how should publication of this recorded information(notes) be requested?

Thanks

Sent: Friday, 10 Jul, 2020 At 16:04

The Council’ s Recovery team is currently assessing proposals for reopening of various offices taking account of social distancing requirements etc but no concrete date has of yet been set.

I would intend to access the notes when the office opens and consider them for disclosure under the Regulations as part of this current review request.

Gerry Mahon
Chief Officer – Legal and Procurement

Sent: Wednesday, 26 Aug, 2020 At 11:27
Subject: RE: FOI Review - Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group - Ref: 221500

having now checked with the officer responsible for property administration I can advise that the office remains closed to staff with no scheduled return dated as of yet.

Regards
Gerry

To: "Mahon, Gerry" < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: Thursday, 8 Oct, 2020 At 09:55
Subject: RE: FOI Review - Eastwood Park Masterplan cross party member and officer working group - Ref: 221500

Hi Gerry

Would appreciate update on below.

I viewed the Audit & Scrutiny meeting recording (24 September 2020). Would appear one of the Council Officials was speaking from an Office environment?

Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds