Council Virtual/Video/remote Meetings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Council Virtual/Video/remote Meetings

Re: Council Virtual/Video/remote Meetings 3 years, 8 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 05 June 2020 14:41
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Recording of meetings

Hi Eamonn,

Are there plans for other Committees to be recorded and published on the website? I believe that, at the moment, only full Council and Planning are recorded?

Kind regards,
Caroline
Councillor Caroline Bamforth
Convener of Social Work and Health
Ward No.5   Newton Mearns South & Eaglesham
 East Renfrewshire Council Headquarters,
Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Road, Giffnock G46 6UG

05/06/2020 14:45

Caroline

At the moment the only meetings that are webcast live and subsequently published for later viewing are the Full council and Planning Applications Committee where it is a planning hearing. Normal planning applications committees are not webcast/published.

The plan is that as we continue to hold virtual meetings on Teams they will all be recorded and the recording published after the event.

We will not be broadcasting Teams meetings live – this will include the Council if we are still meeting virtually.

Kind Regards

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 08 June 2020 15:58
To: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: CCs and virtual meetings

Sharon

Re my email last week to Tony Buchanan and Colm Merrick regarding support for CCs to have virtual meetings.

They have both come back to say that they are supportive of the proposal for the Council to pay for Zoompro  for them whilst they are not able to have in person meetings.

This will enable them to open up their meetings to a wider audience and to let the meetings run over the 40 minute cut off with the free version of the App.

We can try and claim this back as a COVID related expense but in case it was rejected then there would be a cost.

As it stands we have 8 active CCs so we would be looking at about £100 a month. If some of them didn’t want to go down that route then if would be less.

The CCs would need to take out their own subscription and pay for it – they could then claim it back from us subject to evidence of payment.

What do you think?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
09/06/2020 11:42

Hi Eamonn,

I am supportive of this approach.  The cost code for the COVID costs is 22107 and if you let Rukhsana know how much you are putting against this code that would be great.

Kind regards,

Sharon

Sent: 11 June 2020 13:46
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: committee teams meeting

HI Eamonn

I’m working on a SWAY newsletter re Digital progress. 

You mentioned at the DRMT about the committee team meeting.  Can you give me a couple of sentences to include in the SWAY?

Thanks
Lesley Anne Neill
Project Management Office Manager
Corporate and Community Services Department

Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
11/06/2020 15:19

Lesley Anne

Will this do?

A meeting of the Council’s Education Committee was held on the Teams platform on Thursday 11 June.

This was the first of the Council’s formal main committees to be held remotely.

The full Council meeting will be held virtually on Wednesday 24 June with both the Planning Applications Committee and the Audit & Scrutiny Committee taking place the following day.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 24 June 2020 11:52
To: Shankland, Graham < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; O'Neil, Paul [CE] <paul.o' This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; McCarney, Gillian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Local Review Body - virtual

Good Afternoon

Further to our meeting on the 15th June can I confirm that my preferred method of viewing any Local Review videos of properties will be to have them uploaded for members prior to our meetings.  This way we mirror, as closely as is possible just now, our existing arrangements.

If possible, can these please be placed under a file on a Teams folder for all LRB members to view in the morning and also accessible during the meeting should we wish to view these again. 

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
Cllr Annette Ireland (SNP)
Ward No. 4 Clarkston, Netherlee & Williamwood
East Renfrewshire Council Headquarters,
Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Road, Giffnock G46 6UG
Phone: 0141 577 3107/3143

Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
24/06/2020 12:05

Afternoon all

I don’t see any problem with this other than my comment below regarding reshowing at the meeting

Graham are you happy to go out and do the recording?

We would need to do at the meeting is confirm that everyone had viewed the footage – as in terms of normal procedure if people don’t go on the site visit then they can’t take part in the IJB.

We could just remind everyone of that beforehand.

Do we normally pictures from the site available at the meeting?

I would have though the whole point of seeing the video in advance would be so that we didn’t need to reshow it at the meeting although arguably if someone hadn’t seen it prior to the meeting we could show it and they could then take part.

Worth a meeting to discuss?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Re: Council Virtual/Video/remote Meetings 3 years, 8 months ago #8

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
24/06/2020 11:58

Dear Councillors

I just wanted to let you know that as we are not yet at the stage of recording meetings it has been agreed that Drew Sandelands, the Local Democracy reported on the Barrhead News, has been given access to this afternoon’s meeting of the Council.

Mr Sandelands has been advised that he will be there as a viewer from the “virtual gallery” and so both his camera and microphone will be switched off.

Kind Regards

Eamonn

Re: Council Virtual/Video/remote Meetings 3 years, 8 months ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 24 June 2020 19:37
Cc: _Elected Members < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Innes, Caroline < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; McMillan, Lorraine < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Allison, Liona < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: Apologies

All

My apologies for not being able to log on to today’s virtual ERC Meeting.

I did try to log on to the ERC Meeting, but was unable to do so due to technical issues.

The Teams App was just not responding on my laptop.

All I got was a blank screen with nothing loading.

I tried every means I could think of but was unable to log on.

The direction of travel from the UK & Scottish Governments does seem to be in favour of scrapping the 2 metre rule, and to be replaced with the “1 metre plus” rule (1.1 metre?).

I very much hope that normal, traditional style ERC Meetings can resume after the summer recess, rather than virtual meetings.

Best wishes
Cllr. Paul Aitken
Independent
Ward 1 – Barrhead & Uplawmoor
East Renfrewshire Council
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
 Transparency.  Accountability.  Responsibility.

Sent: 25 June 2020 08:55
To: Allison, Liona < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Apologies

Morning

Any thoughts on Cllr Aitken’s issues?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Allison, Liona < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
25/06/2020 09:00

Hi Eamonn

I can’t think of anything other than there being a problem with the app itself. Any troubleshooting sites I have looked at suggest uninstalling the app and then re-installing. Maybe IT could do this for him remotely?

If he had called I could have explained to him about the dial-in option.

Kind Regards

Liona Allison
Assistant Committee Services Officer

Sent: 25 June 2020 09:11
To: Aitken, P (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: *IT Helpdesk < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; McMillan, Lorraine < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Innes, Caroline < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Allison, Liona < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: Apologies

Paul

Thanks for letting me know.

I’m sorry that you had problems getting in to the meeting.

Everyone else managed OK.

Can I suggest you get in touch with IT and they can do some troubleshooting for you.

It may be the case that the app needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled but IT will be best placed to look into this for you.

I have copied the IT helpdesk in to this email.

Clearly it is everyone’s hope that we get back to normal meeting arrangements sooner rather than later but we still need to have the remote meeting arrangements in place for as long as necessary.

A couple of suggestions for the future if we are still having remote meetings and you are still having problems.

Firstly, rather than using the hyperlink at the bottom of the meeting invitation, use the “Join Teams Meeting” icon at the top of the invitation.

We have found that connecting to the meeting that way rather than using the hyperlink sometimes works better.

A second option would be to dial in to the meeting.

Below the meeting link on the invitation you will see a telephone number and conference ID.

If you call the number and put in the conference ID you will be able to join the meeting.

This would only be in audio and not as good as the full experience on your PC/laptop but would at least mean you could participate.

Kind Regards

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 25 June 2020 09:44
To: Rogers, Damian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: Apologies

Eamonn Daly

Sent: 25 June 2020 15:06

Hi Eamonn
How would like to proceed here, do you think we should wait until after the next meeting and see how Paul gets on following the instructions you have provided below?

Regards

Damian

Sent: 25 June 2020 15:24
To: Rogers, Damian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Damian
I have suggested he makes contact so let’s wait and see if he does.
Liona was saying that he only tried to get in at 2.15
If he had tried before the meeting started we might have been able to get him  sorted.

Ellie has the Stewart Miller thing in hand but a number of the other cllrs are still saying they are having problems including Buchanan and O’Kane

I have a meeting with them at 4 so I will see if the problems persist and let you know.

Cheers
Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 25 June 2020 15:29

Hi Eamonn
I have emailed Cllr Buchanan and O’Kane to see if they can tell me what is happening, I have limited knowledge of Teams but should be able to find someone to assist.

Might be an idea to host a test meeting with the few that are having issue to see if they can connect, raise a hand etc??

Regards
Damian

25/06/2020 15:30

Thanks Damian we have done all that and thought we were in a good place but it seems not with some of them.

Let’s see what they come back with

Eamonn
 Eamonn Daly

Aitken, P (Cllr) < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
25/06/2020 18:10

A meeting with IT would be helpful. However, it should probably wait until the lockdown has further relaxed.

Again, should schools be returning full-time (as Nicola Sturgeon has indicated) and should the 2 metre rule be replaced with a 1 metre rule (as the UK Prime Minister has indicated), I very much hope that we can have regular style meetings again following the summer recess.

Many thanks

Cllr. Paul Aitken
Independent
Ward 1 – Barrhead & Uplawmoor
East Renfrewshire Council
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Rogers, Damian < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
29/06/2020 09:40

Morning Eamonn,

Did you have any luck with your meeting with Cllrs Buchanan and O’Kane last week?

Regards

Damian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds