ER Newsline

More ...

Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !!

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #7

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
To: Hutchison, Linda; Fordyce, Vanessa; Dick, Sharon
Cc: Daly, Eamonn
Subject: RE: East Ren Webcasting
Date: 14 July 2020 14:08:48
Attachments: image001.jpg

Hello all,

I’ve spoken to Kisoran, and they are not going to disconnect us.

I’ve explained the plan, and the process.

I’ve told him where we are at, and he told me where he is at, and we had a fab long talk all things about tech.

What they really need to avoid mess is us to raise a PO by the 31st July, if we are contracting with them.

Critical Path to meet that:

I’ve checked integra and the supplier is listed, therefore - 2 days to raise a PO (raise by 29/07)

Procurement need to do their thing - 2 days (start by 27/07)

Direct bid review and signoff (Democratic / IT / Info Sec) - 3 days (start by 23/07)

Direct bid must be sent by 20/07 to allow supplier response 3 days

I’ll make sure the direct bid goes out by the end of tomorrow (15th) which leaves time for other things not to go to plan.

Thanks
Clare

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #8

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Corporate procurement

Exemption from Contract Standing Orders

In order to comply with Contract Standing Orders all requirements for goods, works or services which are not covered by a relevant contract or framework must be subject to a quotation or tendering exercise.

Where the total value over the life of the requirement is above £10,000 but under £50,000 for goods and services and above £20,000 but under £150,000 for works a Quick Quote is required.

Where the total value over the life of the requirement for goods & services is above £50,000 for goods and services and above £150,000 for Works a tender exercise is required and your Procurement Category Manager should be contacted.

We do acknowledge that in some circumstances it may not always be prudent to carry out such exercises and this has been reflected in Standing Order 15 of Contract Standing Orders with the introduction of an exemption clause for contracts meeting certain criteria.

Clause 15 i / ii / iii - The Council may exempt from competition, any contract for works, goods or services which, in the opinion of the Director of the procuring department is

(i)urgently required to minimise risk of personal injury or damage toproperty,

(ii) a contract to which special circumstances apply (iii) of a proprietary nature.

This form must be completed for all requests under 15 i /ii/ iii. Additionally, where there is a value of £100,000 or more (goods and services) and £200,000 or more (works) you are also required to submit a report to Cabinet or appropriate committee for approval prior to entering into the contract.

Please note exemptions cannot be given for a value in excess of the EU procurement threshold, (£189,330 for goods & services / £4,733,252 million for works). Please contact your Category Manager to discuss the most appropriate tender route.

Exemptions will not be granted unless all information is completed, and clear justification can be provided.

Web addresses and search dates must be included along with any other relevant information which will demonstrate your findings.

Please allow 5 working days for a response.

Supplier Name
Public-i

Total Cost (all elements to be included for the period of the exemption with a clear breakdown of costs given showing split between goods, works and services)
Goods £
Works £
Services £48000
Total £48000

Description of the requirement & justification for request

If we have to go to the market and the current supplier is unsuccessful there will be a requirement for them to access Council HQ to remove their equipment and for the new provider install their equipment.

Under the current circumstances there is no guarantee that either the existing or any new supplier would be prepared to let staff come into the building to carry out the works.

Remaining with the existing supplier will guarantee continued provision.

Please confirm if this is a one off purchase or a recurring requirement
Recurring Requirement

Please indicate the time period the exemption has to apply for all recurring requirements
30th of June 2020 for a period of 3 years until 29th June 2023 with the option to extend for a further 1 year period

15 i – is this exemption urgent in nature to minimise risk of personal
injury or damage to property.
No

15 ii - Is this exemption for special circumstances (such as an urgent need to fulfil an ongoing Council function otherwise incapable of performance.
Yes – see above

15 iii - Is this exemption for Proprietary works, goods or services. (E.g. goods manufactured and sold only by the owner of the patent, formula, brand name, or trademark associated with the product)?
No

Where the exemption value is £100,000 or more (goods and services) / £200,000 or more (works) – please provide details of the Cabinet or appropriate committee where this will be reported including the date and attach a copy of the report.
N/A

You must not enter into a contract until approval has been
granted by Cabinet or appropriate committee.

Please note that if an exemption is granted and if required, Cabinet or relevant committee approval is granted, there is a requirement to:

1) Enter into a direct contract or Service Level Agreement drawn up between the Council and the contractor (where appropriate).
2) Publish an award notice.
Contact should be made with your Procurement Category Manager following approval to ensure these tasks are completed.

An exemption may not be given until the direct contract/ SLA has been approved by your Procurement Category Manager.
This is an audit action.

Please confirm you have considered a direct contract/ SLA and if
not please detail your reasons for this.
A direct bid will be issued which will include SLA’s

Name of person requesting exemption:
Eamonn Daly

Authorised signatory:
Eamonn Daly
Date of request:
20 May 2020
Name of person approving this exemption:
Signature of approver

Completed forms should be returned to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
• Requests will be reviewed by the Chief Procurement Officer and/or the Chief Officer Legal and Procurement.

Please allow 5 working days for response.

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #9

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 17 February 2020 16:47
To: Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: webcasting contract

Hi Murray

Just flagging up that the current webcasting contract is scheduled to end on 29 June and we will need to make arrangements to renew/retender.

As you know you now hold the budget for this contract.

I don’t think our requirements for the new contract will be any different to what we have in place at the moment, other that I would like to combine the separate webcasting and maintenance/support contracts into a single contract.

Based on contract amounts we are looking at a Quickquote. I’ve spoken to procurement and I am happy to work to with them to pull everything together subject to letting you run your eye over it when I think we are good to go.

Let me know how you want to play it.

Thanks

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly
Democratic Services Manager
Department of Corporate and Community Services

From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 18 February 2020 12:25
To: Husband, Murray < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Cc: Dick, Sharon < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: FW: webcasting contract

Hi Murray

Just following up on my previous email below.

Vanessa in procurement has looked back to when the contract was awarded and it actually wasn’t a quickquote – It was a Route 2 tender.

On that basis she is suggesting that there might need to be a bit more IT involvement as compared to the quickquote route.

She is going to do a bit more digging to check which other suppliers are out there and is going to send me some information on options going forward.

One of the factors to take into account will be the potential installation costs were we to move to another company rather than stay with public-i.

You will have the ongoing lease/maintenance costs in the budget but I suspect no provision has been made in the event we were to move company.

I will be in touch once I hear further from Vanessa.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
25/02/2020 09:11

Hi Eamonn,

Had a look at this but there doesn’t seem to be a viable framework route for this purchase.

Based on research on public contract Scotland and depending on the value / budget you have to spend it will either be a quick quote or route 2 tender. It is likely it will be a route 2 tender for this though.

It looks like the current contract for this ends on the 30th of June this year therefore you will need to move quickly with getting the new tender documents prepared and issued.

I can send you a copy of the previous documentation if this would assist.

Vanessa Fordyce
Procurement Category Manager
Corporate Procurement Section

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #10

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
From: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Sent: 12 March 2020 11:41
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >; Dillon, Clare < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: webcast contract

Vanessa/Claire

Here’s the updated copy of the webcasting QQ.

I’ve gone through the technical questions from the last time we tendered and pulled some of them into the spec which I have highlighted in green.

I’d welcome your comments/advice on whether you think we are going in the right direction and on the percentages in the award criteria.

Thanks

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 19 May 2020 10:10
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
Subject: RE: webcast contract

Hi Eamonn,

I don’t know if now due to the current continued lockdown you are planning to seek an exemption for this contract, in the event we got a new supplier for this they I don’t know how safely they would be able to install new equipement / train staff etc.

Clare Dillon still hasn’t come back to me with regards to the specification from an ICT perspective, I would need to see the specification fully completed in order to review the technical questions etc to ensure they are all still relevant.

I have looked over the document and made some amendments, can you please advise on your thoughts around this contract and if a quick quote can be issued at this time.

Vanessa Fordyce

Sent: 19 May 2020 12:48
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Vanessa

One of the things that applies to the current contract is that the price we have is based on the provision of a set number of hours per year.

It is currently 30 hours.

Based on the Council decision that only meetings of the full Council and planning hearings are webcast we can maybe specify that we are looking for 20 hours per annum but that the contract will be flexible enough for us to purchase additional hours?

This might mean that the annual cost would be less.

I have no doubt that the hourly rate for purchasing additional hours will be higher than the rate for those included in the spec so the danger is that if the Council were to decide to webcast more meetings at some point and we needed to purchase extra hours this would be more a more expensive way of doing it than just keeping the number of hours at the current 30.

What do you think?

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 19 May 2020 13:18
To: Daly, Eamonn < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Eamonn,

Do you have 5 minutes to have a chat regarding this I can call you on skype if that’s working for you?

Vanessa Fordyce
Tel 0141 577 8655 / 07741701469

Sent: 19 May 2020 13:22
To: Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >

Hi Vanessa

Just about to stop for lunch but will be back on at 2 if you want to call me then.

Skype or Teams are both OK

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 19 May 2020 13:23

I am on another call at 2 but will call you via skype as soon as that one is finished.

Vanessa Fordyce
Tel 0141 577 8655 / 07741701469

Sent: 19 May 2020 13:23

No problem

Speak to you then

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Sent: 19 May 2020 15:37

Hi Eamonn,

I spoke with Debbie and she is happy to review an exemption for this contract given the current circumstance and based on the lack of people on the market.

Can I ask you complete the attached exemption form for this contract and return it to myself I will then add anything if I need to and send onto Debbie for approval on your behalf.

I will also pull together a direct bid document to be sent to Public I following the approval of this exemption from the information we have gathered so far and send this onto yourself.  

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #11

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 20 May 2020 10:09

Morning Vanessa

I had a good chat with Kisoran from public-I this morning.

I did impress on him that the bad people in procurement had wanted me to go out to the market but I had managed to convince you that in the current circumstances it would be good if we were able to do a direct bid.

He is really appreciative and will try and reflect that in the price he gives us.

Clearly the longer the contract the better the price – he says 3 years is optimum in terms of discount.

I’ve asked him to reduce the number of hours but to increase the length of the archive from 6 to 12 months so he says they might cancel each other out.

I’ve also asked him to incorporate the separate maintenance agreement into the contract so that it is a single contract – just like we did with the 2 Democracy Counts contracts.

I’ll give you a call later.

Eamonn
Eamonn Daly

Fordyce, Vanessa < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
20/05/2020 10:58

Hi Eamonn,

That’s great I will pull together what I can for the direct bid today and we can review and get Clare to add anything from an IT perspective.

Vanessa Fordyce

Re: ERC sneak through another extension to Webcasting contract !! 3 years, 9 months ago #12

• RM64
  • Platinum Boarder
Sent: 24 May 2020 01:51
Subject: RE: Webcasting Renewal 2020

Eamonn,

It was good talking with you the other day.

Further to our conversation here are some details for you to consider.

I’ve managed to get you a 3-year price, paying annually, for a little less than your current agreement and with an indefinite archive period.

This means that your content will remain on the site with all the associated contextual information for as long as you are a client of Public-i.

You will note the optional years are different though.

This is due to an updated pricing policy which does not allow us to offer the same discount for optional years if the length of term is different.

So, the prices below include the following;

1x F750 Webcasting Encoder (leased)

1x Connect Software License

3x Sony D80 SD Cameras (leased)

Up to 30 SD hours of content p/a

24-month archive period on all content

Full Webcasting SLA of encoder and cameras

Bronze Maintenance Package for your microphones (Televic and TOA)

Years 1-3 (3-year term):£11,687 p/a       
(webcasting: £10,837 p/a + Bronze maintenance: £850 p/a)

PLUS

Optional Year 4 (1-year term): £13,907              
(webcasting: £13,057 p/a + Bronze maintenance: £850 p/a)

Optional Year 5 (1-year term): £13,907              
(webcasting: £13,057 p/a + Bronze maintenance: £850 p/a)

OR

Optional Year 4 & 5 (2-year term): £12,731 p/a       
(webcasting: £11,881 p/a + Bronze maintenance: £850 p/a)

OR

Optional Years 4-6 (3-year term): £11,687 p/a       
(webcasting: £10,837 p/a + Bronze maintenance: £850 p/a)

I shall leave this with you for a while and look forward to hearing back in due course.

Kind regards,

Kisoran Moodley
Client Contracts Manager
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds