Username Password: Remember me

Council Meetings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Council Meetings

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 6 months ago #49

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
The cost of transparency?

At present they pay for 30 hours a year viewing time and use less than a third.

Yeah, lets worry about additional cost when we are paying for something they don't use.

Grumpy Miller asked 100 people ?

Yeah OK Grumpy.

Was one of them the one that you asked the last time about bin collection in Netherlee that you said lived up North.

Ask the wrong demographs and you will get the answer you desire.

There are circa 98,000 residents in ER.

Just like the Leisure Centre consultation, will you cite your survey as 100% against Web Casting?

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 6 months ago #50

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
You say you asked Cllrs on your committee if they had any representations about web casting and you claim you got a resounding NO.

I have told you previously I emailed you and my ward Cllrs, one of whom was on your committee yesterday with my view that committee should be web cast.

Or have you conveniently just forgot about that?

You may just be asking 100 people? who have no interest in the council.

Ask those campaigning for Broom and Shawwood the question and I bet you would get a different response.

Also how many people are aware that the council web cast full council meetings?

If it was public knowledge that committees were broad cast I am positive that the viewing figures would rise significantly.

In addition Mr Grumpy, surely you cannot put a cost restriction on visible democracy.

Even if no one watched them, the ability to do so itself is responding to visible democracy.

Secrecy builds peoples beliefs that bad things are happening, you also prevent audio recording of he meetings by members of the public.

Is that democratic?

Re: Council Meetings 5 years, 6 months ago #51

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds