Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 8 months ago #181

• RM64
Any update from the Audit and Scrutiny Committee meeting held on Friday?

Was the report discussed?

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 8 months ago #182

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Soz, no knowledge we did not manage to have someone at the meeting.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 7 months ago #183

• RM64

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 7 months ago #184

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
RM64 wrote:
As far as taxis are concerned. My understanding is that taxis can only be used and claimed for by an elected member if there is no reasonable alternative using a cheaper public transport such as buses and that it is to attend council business.

That is very true, however during previous council terms certain elected members used taxis for various journeys that appeared to be inappropropriate - all highlighted earlier in this thread.Yes but is there not cheaper, more environmentally friendly means, and some claims have been a bit questionable.

I am satisfied that the Council take all necessary steps to make sure expense claims are accurate.

We can hope that will occur from now on, in my opinion it was not happening previously.

I have no reason to suspect any inappropriate expenses claims have taken place and proper scrutiny of such expenses has not taken place.

We can hope that will occur from now on, in my opinion it was not happening previously.

Cllr. David Macdonald
WARD 4.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 7 months ago #185

• RM64
Request to Cllr Stewart Miller -

Can you give your take on discussions at Audit and Scrutiny Committee meeting on 17 August 2017 regarding the REVIEW OF MEMBERS EXPENSES, TAXI ACCOUNT AND USE OF ELECTRIC CAR report prepared by the Chief Auditor.

Also, your views/opinions on the report and/or subject matter would be appreciated.

Reply from Cllr Stewart Miller -

The Chief Auditor was asked to investigate council procedures and to make recommendations. As Chairman of the committee when she made her report, I agreed with all she said and the recommendations made. For you information, the papers can be viewed on the council's Web site and this specific item can be viewed from pages 239 to 254 of the Audit Committee's agenda for 17th August.

Re: Councillors Expenses - 2016 - 17 6 years, 7 months ago #186

• Michelle
Also, your views/opinions on the report and/or subject matter would be appreciated.

That will be a big fat no then.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds