Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Social media bad boy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Social media bad boy

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #31

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
@Gloria it may we'll come that we need crowd funding but we have been contacted by a man who may be considering bank rolling us all the way to the court of session if required. We would like a stated case and having suffered due to the actions being conducted at present we should be eligible for financial compensation and the legal advice that we got on Friday from our solicitor was that no one can hide behind the council logo as a court could attribute liability to individuals.

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #32

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
The following is my personal view and in no way reflects the views of the many good men and women who serve on the executive committee.

In my opinion the latest attack on this site and now on myself in particular has little or nothing to do with anyones alleged feelings of hurt, it has to do with a desire to stifle and subdue freedom of speech because it does not suit certain individuals.

There is no doubt that I personally feel threatened and bullied by this latest attack from ERC, and I feel that it is an 'attack' and that there is a particular malevolent force working in the background.

I would welcome once and for all the opportunity to attend a court of law where I could watch and listen to the cross examinations of the council witnesses as I am positive that under my instructions and direction my solicitor will elicit the truth from them, under oath, and in the presence of a Sheriff, that there has been one central character pushing all of this forwards.

article-0-0C02933F00000578-448_306x423.jpg

Those of you who have been viewing this site for a number of years will be well aware that this is not the first time an attempt has been made to close this site down by ERC.

It is well documented in this forum that we suffered from five ERC solicitors being tasked with finding 'something' to close us down. Other organisations were contacted and asked to 'blank' this organisation, newspaper editors were approached and 'advised' to stop cooperating with us.

Our partner organisations, AoSNHW, Police, Fire & Rescue were contacted and 'asked' to withdraw.

Covert checks were made to establish if we had the relevant permissions in place to run a web site, National organisations were contacted and asked to conduct checks on behalf of ERC.

Veiled threats were issued regarding certain material that was being displayed on the web site, however what the messengers were unaware of was that we had obtained and paid for the relevant internet permissions.

All of this is provable.

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #33

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
Now I as an individual have been singled out for what I feel are unjust accusations and punishment without having the opportunity of being innocent until proven guilty, having my defence heard, having the right to legal representation, having the right to a trial and being in a position to challenge the alleged evidence.

In addition whilst being falsely accused in this case, it is also, in my opinion, that ERC in their haste to 'have a go' have picked on me as an individual when if they had conducted their research properly and taken proper legal advice they would have known that I am not the owner of this site and I am not a moderator.

Therefore not only are their allegations false, there choice of victim is wrong.

I will reiterate what has already been said and has been said and printed time after time.

The rules of this site are very clear.

If anyone has a problem they can contact the email address and state which post or thread is causing a problem, and explain why.

The item will be looked at, the complaint examined and if upheld the items removed.

This has and does happen, the executive don't bleat on about it but once again it is provable.

If ERC do not highlight which threads or posts are the alleged problem, how can anyone deal with it, unless the plan is to shut the whole site down, which is my thoughts.

ERC wrote in the past a number of years ago and requested removal, when asked to identify which threads or posts, and they failed to answer.

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #34

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
People poke fun at politicians and other public figures, it is not malicious, aggressive or threatening and for anyone to think so is quite frankly in my opinion 'nuts'.

This site currently has four East Renfrewshire councillors registered as members.

In addition fortunately we have this thing called humour and a particular humour unique to the West of Scotland.

To display memes is not a crime and I am positive that The Queen, the Prime Minister, the First Minster and others do not threaten legal action every time a meme with them featured appears on social media.

Have a look at the following which are currently displayed on local politicians social media pages.

Nothing wrong with this, however I would ask you to look at these and decide if they are displaying anything different to what is sometimes displayed on this web site.

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #35

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
a.jpg

Re: Social media bad boy 4 years, 10 months ago #36

• Tom
  • Platinum Boarder
b.jpg
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds