Local Politician Using the Elderly as Political Pawns
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Local Politician Using the Elderly as Political Pawns

Re: Local Politician Using the Elderly as Political Pawns 9 years ago #7

• lasercow
  • Administrator
Stewart wrote:
And he also takes credit for the Eastwood Health & Care Centre, a project we all were agreed was needed. But I don't see him mentioning the fact that it is being built in the wrong place as you need a car to get there as there is no bus route close at hand. And when you are ill and/or have a GP's appointment, the last thing you need is a half mile walk there and back.

Always so negative Stewart!

It's great! Instead of walking a mile or getting a bus from practically door to door, I can now walk a mile, then get a train, then walk a bit more. And before when my GPs was in the heart of the community, I would nip into the local shops while I was there, wasting my money on local businesses, but now I don't have to, I can just wait till I go to Sainsburys.

And when the chemist attached to the local surgery closes, we'll have a great spot for another charity shop.

Everyone's a winner. Well it's good for election leaflets and PR oppportunities - even the SG ministers are getting some of this action, they seem to have announced it 3 times. Nicola will probably be there to announce the first flush of a lavvy.

Re: Local Politician Using the Elderly as Political Pawns 9 years ago #8

• Andrew
Aye, and the second and third flush telling everyone it's a new lavvy
But you're right, they even had photo ops at the sod cutting for the new Health Centre, even although they've been working on it for a year. And I did see a few wet sods in some of the photo's. Even Kirsten's getting the hang of this idea of a photo op at the opening of a packet of crisps.

You did forget one thing on Jim's leaflet where he says that foodbanks are a national disgrace. He explained that there was only one foodbank in the whole of Scotland when he was in power and now there's over 40.
I didn't think Jim would admit that it was his Govt that drove Scotland so close to the poverty line and it was his govt that started foodbanks

But to carry on your positive attitude, foodbanks could be seen as being positive because it allows the neds free food and then they can spend their giro's down the pub and that will help the licensed trade to overcome the negative effects of the new drink drive limit

Good thinking Lasercow
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds