Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #7

• Vicky
  • Administrator
Surely at this stated meeting when the issue of our community councils is raised one of our illustrious opposition councillors will stand up and ask why the council is trying to carry out alterations to the CCs constitutions when they have NO power to do so and any such actions would be illegal and contrary to the Scottsh Governments statutary Act on CCs.
I wonder if any will be brave enough?

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #8

• Alan Henderson
As a former community council chairperson i have read this thread with interest and some disgust. The conduct of the Giffnock chair and secretary in my opinion runs completely contrary to that which any self respecting resident would expect from their Ccllrs. This pair have obviously been puting their personal agenda before that of the residents they are supposed to represent and have totally forgotten the basic principles of their offices.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #9

• Hhs
  • Platinum Boarder
What are we doing that makes erc so determined to distroy a democratically elected c.c . Perhaps it is because we tell the truth and we are transparent in all we do for our community f.o.c unlike the admin councilers . The last meeting at erc headquarters let all see the admin for what they are bullies and as democratic as North Korea . This will not stop us or slow us down in holding erc to account , like others I will contribute to nmcc and make sure it continues it's valuable work , the public when they here of this will support all c.c. Under threat by erc . Did they get this idea from the annexation of Crimea ??

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #10

• DJ
HHS, you got it the wrong way around. Putin got the idea from the annexation of the land involved in the D2DCP. Mugabe is also a keen student of ERC's blitzkrieg policies and variable rules.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #11

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
jim_1_2014-03-23.jpg

Jim Sneddon
Head of Democratic Services

The report will be presented by Caroline Innes
caroline-innes_2014-03-23.jpg

Caroline Innes
Deputy Chief Executive

There must be must be more or to this that meets the eye, especially when you read what Cllr Vincent Waters had to say on the matter.

Re: ERC accused of trying to punish Community Councils 6 years, 4 months ago #12

• Newsline
  • Platinum Boarder
Cllr Vincent Waters said on his facebook page "Behaviour of handful a disgrace, needs confronted"

vince.jpg

Cllr Vincent Waters

Hardly comments that describe amendments to Constitutions, we believe that there is a lot more to this and we will now provide our view.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds