Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC:

11 years, 11 months ago #7

I wasn't referring to mechanics, either ancient or modern, which is very far from a low-skilled job and still requires a five year apprenticeship. I seriously doubt if the Arnold Clark organisation was referring to mechanics either. What they were referring to was youngsters who didn't even understand basics like time-keeping, teamwork, commitment to a 37 hour week, concentrating on the job in hand. Clearly if a youngster can commit to a five year apprenticeship and pass, then they do have the basic skills that the Arnold Clark organiastion is complaining about the lack of.

11 years, 11 months ago #8

• lgm
Exactly so...a lack of the work ethic.

As a matter of interest, since it is Arnold Clark that made the comment, I see an ad in the paper:
a two-year apprenticeship with one of the largest Car Servicing and Repair Company in the UK. The programme will teach you about every area of the business and the two full years of training will lead to a NVQ qualification and a career as a Car Mechanic/Fitter. Training courses will focus on the following products: Tyres, Battery and Charging Systems, Exhausts, Engine Technology, Cutting and Welding, Steering and Suspension, Wheel Alignment, Air Conditioning, Glass Repair and Brakes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds