Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #25

• Concerned ERC Parent
I don't know, I think theres more. It wouldn't be the first time you've been proved wrong or falling short of the mark, would it Cllr?

Lets see what happens at the G8 summit. Maybe some Govt's are getting nervous because they are not so popular anymore. Maybe David Cameron is a little worried regarding the local election results and so some of the points on your list might make him even less popular.

Maybe the new French leader has some fresh ideas too.

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #26

CercP, oh! there is one more - you can borrow money up to the point where it's impossible to pay it back. At which point people stop lending you money. So Greece, how's that working out for you?

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #27

• Concerned ERC Parent
See, told you, short of the mark again.

Looks like they are promoting jobs and growth, I wonder how this fits in with the police cuts?

And they want to keep Greece in.

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #28

Actually I read the G8 communiques this morning. Question: what Government would not want to promote jobs and growth? Though, I couldn't help but notice that they were all a little short on the HOW!

One also notices that they all do want to keep Greece in the Eurozone. Of course they do. The last Greek election had Neo Demokratia as the largest Party missing out on an overall majority by 2 seats. Despite our newspapers banging on about Syriza who are an uneasy Coalition of a lot of small left wing parties, Syriza have zero chance of forming the Greek Government after the June re-election unless they can persuade PASOK (Greece's equivalent of the Labour Party)to join them. That isn't going to happen.

Incidentally, Neo Demokratia are Greece's equivalent of the Conservative Party. There is no chance of them forming a Coalition with the neo-Nazi Golden Dawn.

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #29

My own view is that the next Greek election will produce a broadly similar result to the last one with Syriza gaining a few more seats from PASOK, but none at all from Neo Demokratia. Golden Dawn are likely to be a seven day wonder. At which point Alexis Tsipras (Syriza's current top dog) will be invited into a Government of National Unity with Neo Demokratia. He'll probably refuse initially, but come round when there is no prospect of a third election and the Bundesbank are breathing down his neck.

Re: Chaos expected as 30,000 public-sector staff strike 11 years, 10 months ago #30

• Concerned ERC Parent
Cllr, are you sure you are on the right thread here? Should your posts not be on the Scotland to get 50p-per-unit of alcohol thread?

I think the posters on that thread are looking for a good reason for this...

So when this comes in and you sober up, maybe you will remember that you were once a police officer.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds