Surveys
Forum

Search this site....

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Political interference in policing?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Political interference in policing?

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #43

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Next I would wish to expand on the alleged 'political' accusations.

In my opinion politics and political is in every facet of life, from the price of a goldfish to the quality of the air that we breath and everything in between.

Unfortunately in East Renfrewshire we have a number of politicians who try and make the word 'politics' a dirty word.

Once again in my opinion we have a few who would like to alter the meaning of the word and turn it into a four letter word in order to cover any discussion about them and their policies and their conduct.

So therefore to be critical or to critise you are either being personal or political, and neither must be permitted in East Renfrewshire.

Therefore all steps must be taken to eradicate this practice of the public 'talking'.

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #44

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
To be 'political' in the sense that we are being accused by the ERC administration would mean to me that we, would actively prevent persons of any similar political persuasion as the administration from speaking and only give prominence to those of an opposite political persuasion etc.

As anyone knows you do not require to be a signed up user to view the site, and signed up users can contribute to the forum if they desire, indeed anyone can sign up and contribute.

The following information is freely available at the click of a button to anyone, users or non users alike and can be accessed and confirmed in the users section of this web site.

User List

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #45

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Prominent users that I would suggest contradict the 'political' theory. (This will of course not include any who have chosen pseudomons, which everyone is absolutely entitled to do)

Jim Sneddon Head of Democratic and Partnership Services at ERC, signed up member since September 2008 and until I highlighted on a recent thread that he was still a signed up member and then he removed himself.
jimsneddon_1.jpg

David Oliver Senior Reporter at The Extra since October 2008

Roy Beers Senior Reporter at Eastwood Today, and now with the Barrhead News since September 2009

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #46

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Councillor Ralph Robertson Signed up member since August 2008

(Independent and a former member of the administration)

Councillor Gordon McCaskill Signed up member since August 2008.

(Conservative)

Councillor Gordon Wallace Signed up member since September 2008.

(Conservative)

Councillor Stewart Miller Signed up member since September 2008)

(Conservative)

Councillor Jim Swift Signed up member since January 2011

(Leader Conservatives)
xxx.jpg

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #47

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Councillor Douglas A. Yates Signed up member since November 2008 and a regular contributor until May 2011. (When it is understood advice was provided to stop, a matter that I could not possibly comment on)

(Joint Deputy Leader of the Council, Leader SNP Group)

Councillor Alex Mackie Signed up member since September 2009

(Provost, Liberal Democratic Party)
(Member of the administration)

Councillor Eddie Phillips Signed up member since January 2009

(Scottish Labour)
(Member of the administration)
ccc.jpg

Re:Political interference in policing? 12 years, 6 months ago #48

• Ernhw Ltd
  • ernhw Ltd
Moving onto the meat of the communication from Alan Murray I would wish to highlight that I will not be economical with the truth, nor will I spin anything.

With regard to the removal of the Strathclyde Police logo from the East Renfrewshire Neighbourhood Watch website, both I and Chief Superintendents Bates were of the view that this was the appropriate course of action to avoid any perception that Strathclyde Police endorsed anyone political party over another.

I can assure you this was a decision taken by myself and Chief Superintendent Bates in the best interests of policing in East Renfrewshire and not at the behest of any other individual or organisation.

This bears no resemblance with what both myself and our Vice Chair Henry Rankin recollect of what we were advised by Alan Murray at our meeting with him.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds